Explorer’s Edition: Long Miles Coffee Project
Discovering delicious coffees driving a positive impact in Burundi.
We’re excited to bring you a cracking collection of the latest harvest from our long time friends at Long Miles Coffee Project (LMCP) in Burundi! Since their inception, LMCP have been focused on not only exceptional quality in the cup, but a close connection with their farmer partners; making significant investment in education, agronomy support and ethical purchasing with the over 3000 smallholders they work with. This dual focus is in sync with our own drive to use specialty coffee to achieve positive impact.
Perched on the steep slope of Gitwe Hill in the northern Kayanza province, LMCP’s Heza Washing Station receives ripe cherries from the surrounding hills, from hundreds of smallholder coffee farmers on each. As the harvest comes in, the LMCP team carefully trace and sort each delivery before putting it through washed, honey and natural processes. Selecting from a tasty offering of this year’s best quality lots, we’ve chosen 3 coffees from the neighbouring Nkonge Hill and farms surrounding the washing station on Gitwe Hill itself. We hope you enjoy this opportunity to explore the hills of Burundi!
In this Explorer’s Edition featuring Long Miles Coffee Project, you’ll find:
- Gitwe Hill, Natural – Honeydew and cherry wine gums, rich juicy body & a sweet fruity finish.
- Gitwe Hill, Washed – Juicy-sweet florals body with lime zest & red currant.
- Nkonge Hill, Natural – Caramelised peach & molasses with a sticky sweet mouthfeel & smooth aftertaste.
- The collection features 3 x 250g bags of coffee.
- All coffees will be roasted on 1 / 06 / 2021, and dispatched shortly after.
- As this product is a pre-order, you will not be able to add anything else to your cart. If you’re keen to grab something extra, email us and we’ll help you out!
About Long Miles Coffee Project
Five Senses feels a strong sense of shared values around excellent quality coffee and social impact with the Long Miles crew. The organisation, attention to detail and positive relationships we saw on the ground were genuinely impressive. We’re excited to be increasing our involvement with Long Miles with both increased purchasing and support some of their development projects.
The Long Miles Cupping Lab.
The drying tables of Heza Washing Station
Park ranger in Kibira, Long Miles are working to reforest this area.