How to make a luxurious salted caramel iced coffee. This recipe is easy enough to make at home, but would also be right at home on a cafe menu!
- 200g Vanilla Iced Cream
- 50g Espresso (2 shots!) Hint: we love this recipe with our Crompton Road blend
- 50g Milk
- 20g Dulce De Leche
- Pink Sea Salt
- The key pre preparation here is the Dulce De Leche, which can be made by placing an unlabelled can of sweetened condensed milk in a pot of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer for 2.5 hours making sure the can is covered in water for the duration. Use tongs to carefully remove the can and place on a cooling rack until room temperature. Do not open while can is hot as contents are pressurised and will spray if not completely cooled. The end result is a rich decadent caramel that you can keep in your fridge for weeks. Simply warm up portions as you need them!
- Add the Ice cream, espresso and milk to a blender and combine ingredients until well mixed. The texture should almost be thick shake in consistency.
- Pour into a tall 300ml salt-rimmed glass and then, using a spoon, drizzle Dulce De Leche over the top.
- The outcome will be a rich, sweet iced coffee that has a subtle balanced complexity that rapidly results in an empty glass.
For a fun spin try swapping out the dairy milk for almond milk to create the ‘I just drank a picnic!’ sensation.