A simple, fast and super convenient one cup pourover that gives you a flavoursome and super clean taste in the cup.
One of the simplest and fastest ways of brewing coffee the Aeropress is a super convenient one cup pourover that gives you a flavoursome and super clean taste in the cup. For more information on the Aeropress and a downloadable brew guide, check out The Aeropress Brew Guide.
What's in the box
- stirring paddle
- measuring scoop
- 350 micro-filters
- Filter papers
- Digital scale
- Kettle or urn
- Carafe for decanting
INGREDIENTS & TARGETS
- 13g of your favourite Five Senses filter roast coffee (lighter than espresso)
- 200g (or ml) of filtered water …or adjust to a Coffee Brew Ratio of 16.7:1(brew water ·coffee)
- Bring your kettle to the appropriate temp (~94°C).
- Insert filter paper into Aeropress lid, and use hot water to thoroughly rinse.
- Attach the rubber stopper with about 1cm to spare on to the base, and make sure there is no danger of slippage. Do not attach the lid or filter at this stage.
- Invert the Aeropress so the rubber stopper is facing upwards so you can fill the brew chamber with grounds and water.
- Use hot water to preheat device and then empty for the next steps.
- Grind 13g of coffee at a fine-medium coarseness (14-18 on a Baratza grinder).
- Place Aeropress on scale, add ground coffee and tare the weight.
- Pour 200g of 94°C brewing water into Aeropress and start timer.
- Gently stir for 10 seconds.
- Add lid and steep for 2 minutes total.
- At 2 minutes place your cup upside down on top of the Aeropress and, while gripping the cup and Aeropress brew chamber, flip so cup sits right way up on your bench with Aeropress on top ready for plunging.
- Plunge into your cup. Plunge should take 15-30 seconds.
- Plunge all the way down until you can’t anymore.
- After all of the liquid has dispensed, remove the cap, point the Aeropress at a bin and hammer the base to shoot the coffee puck and filter into the bin.
- Rinse Aeropress.
- Sit back, relax and sip your deliciously brewed coffee.
Out of stock