$1 from every bag of coffee sold in Jan is going to Bushfire relief. More Info
But please note, couriers are also affected and there are slight delays in delivery times. Please be patient – packages will be delivered as soon as safely possible.
Clever Coffee Dripper
A free standing, one cup filter with a patented valve for drawing down your coffee after it’s brewed.
The Clever Coffee Dripper is a free standing, one cup filter with one very important addition — a patented valve that keeps your brew from drawing down until you activate it by sitting it on a cup. What’s so good about that? Well, the way the valve works means that you can control all the variables of your brew independently of each other. No matter which brewing method you’re using, it always comes down to the same variables — grind size, the amount of coffee you dose, water weight, water temperature and the amount of time that the water and coffee are in contact.
INGREDIENTS & TARGETS
- 15g of your favourite filter roast coffee (lighter than espresso)
- 250g (or ml) of filtered water or adjust to a Coffee Brew Ratio of 16:1 (brew water : coffee)
- Target TDS: 1.23% — 1.48%
- Bring your kettle to the appropriate temp (~94°C).
- Insert filter paper into CCD.
- Use hot water to thoroughly rinse filter paper and preheat device.
- Grind 15g of coffee at a medium coarseness (18-22 on a Baratza grinder).
- Place CCD with pre-wet filter paper on the scale, add ground coffee and tare the weight.
- Pour 50g of 94°C brewing water over the first 15 seconds. This allows the grinds to release the gas they contain and makes it easier to integrate them in to the brew while pouring.
- Wait 15 seconds before pouring another 200g of brewing water over 15 seconds (during 0:30-1:00) in a steady circular motion.
- At 2:15, drain into a carafe or pot.
- After all liquid has dispensed, discard the used filter paper and rinse CCD.
- Sit back, relax and sip your deliciously brewed coffee.