Espresso Clean Sachet Pack
Designed to use when backflushing your manual espresso machine.
Box of 18x 5g sachets.
Regular cleaning of your machine keeps it performing at its best and keeps your coffee tasting its best. This Cafetto espresso backflush cleaner is designed for use on machines with three way valves. (Check your manual if you’re not sure about yours.) We recommend backflushing your machine every week.
Clean regularly and want to stock up? Grab a 1kg tub of the Espresso Clean!
If you are purchasing for the first time, don’t forget you’ll need to use a blind portafilter basket or rubber cleaning disc with this.
- Remove basket from portafilter, and replace with blind basket or rubber cleaning disk.
- For daily cleaning add 1 sachet into the portafilter and insert as if brewing an espresso. If the machine is cleaned weekly, use 2 sachets.
- Start cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner.
- Stop cycle and allow to sit for 10 seconds.
- Start and stop cycle 4 more times – run for 10 seconds, stop for 10 seconds.
- Remove the portafilter and rinse well under stream of hot water from group head.
- Re-insert portafilter with blind basket, start and stop cycle 10 times – run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds to ensure thorough rinsing.
- Remove blind basket and insert regular basket.
- Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season machine.